How Do I Monitor Learner Assignments in Google Classroom?
Spread the love
Below you will find information on grading and returning assignments in Google Classroom. The app makes grading assignments a seamless task so that educators can grade with ease and learners can promptly get feedback on their progress.
- Log into your Google Classroom. Once you are on the homepage, you should see your assignments in the left-hand corner under the heading ‘Upcoming Assignments’ on your Stream tab. Click on one of your posted assignments.
- This will take you to a page where you can view learners’ status in terms of work completion. This is called the learner work page. It will show you the names of who turned in their work and who is still missing the assignment. For a learning activity (assignment) to have been marked complete, the learner will need to turn it into their Google Classroom account. This is helpful because you can immediately see which students are not turning in work, and may need you to check-in on them. Communication between the educator and the learners is essential and helps ensure students are not falling behind on their online assignments.
- If you check the box next to a learner’s name, you can email the learner or learners after clicking on the envelope icon at the top of the screen. Sending an email is a good option if you have more than a few questions or tips to share.
- Notice that you can assign grades and points. Review student work and assign corresponding grades right on the Google Classroom platform. No need for a paper grade book and the tiring act of scribbling multiple grades down by hand. If a learner has submitted work, you can grade it and return it to the learner. The learner will automatically be able to see their grade when they log in.
- You also have the option to click on a learner’s name, and you can send them a private comment. Reasons to send a private comment could include a request to fix an error and resubmit or to give them positive praise on a job well done.
- To see all learners work simultaneously, you need to click the folder at the top of the Learner Work page. The Folder link will be grayed out until learners have turned in work. Once you click on it, you will have access to all the turned in assignments, and it will include the students’ names in the title so that you can easily know who the work belongs to.
Spread the love