How Do I Attach Files or Add Links to Assignments In Google Classroom?
Here’s how you do it:
- Select the Classroom you want to work from
- Click on the (+) button on the bottom-right corner of your screen
- Choose ‘Create assignment’
- The assignment creation pop-up will reveal itself and then enter the title, instructions, topic, and deadline
- Click on the type of attachment you would like to include
- Click ‘Assign’
Attaching files is great for adding resources from the internet or ones that are teacher created. It also is a simple process to attach teacher-made Google products for the learners to use to complete their assignments, such as Google Docs or Slides.
Educators can choose how their learners interact with these files. All of these options will be accessible once you upload a file or attach a Google Drive link. A pull-down menu will appear next to the file name with the following options:
(a) students can view the file – learners can read the file, but not make any changes to it.
(b) students can edit the file – learners can make changes to the file and edit it as needed.
(c) make a copy for each student – each learner will get an editable copy of the file. It will also automatically include their name in the title. The copies will be saved in your Google Drive underneath the folder ‘Classroom.’
You can also use it to share templates that learners need to follow or a list of questions they must answer.