Best Hot Dog Fried Rice Recipe – How to Make Hot Dog Fried Rice
Imagine combining two all-time favorites: hot dogs and fried rice. The result is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that you’ll love to share with your friends and family. This best hot dog fried rice recipe brings together the savory flavors of juicy hot dogs and the mouthwatering taste of classic fried rice in a single meal. Let’s dive into how to make hot dog fried rice that will leave everyone wanting more!
– 2 cups cooked white rice (preferably a day old)
– 4 hot dogs, sliced into bite-sized pieces
– 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, and green beans)
– 2 large eggs, beaten
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 4 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Green onions (for garnish)
1. Make sure your cooked white rice is cooled and dry by laying it out on a baking sheet for a while before cooking. This will prevent it from getting soggy when added to the wok or pan later.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add in the sliced hot dogs and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally until lightly browned on all sides. Remove the hot dogs from the skillet and set aside.
3. In the same skillet or wok, add another tablespoon of vegetable oil along with minced garlic and chopped onion. Sauté them for about 30 seconds until they become fragrant and slightly translucent.
4. Now it’s time to add in your frozen mixed vegetables. Cook them for another 3 minutes or until they are heated through.
5. Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet or wok, then add the beaten eggs on the other side. Let them cook until they are slightly set, then scramble the eggs and mix them with the vegetables.
6. Add the cooked rice into the skillet or wok. Break apart any clumps and evenly distribute the rice among the vegetables and egg mixture.
7. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil (if using), and cooked hot dogs. Mix them well so that everything is evenly coated. Feel free to adjust seasonings with salt and pepper according to your liking.
8. Serve your hot dog fried rice in bowls or on plates, garnishing them with chopped green onions for that added pop of color and flavor.
There you have it – your very own hot dog fried rice recipe! This dish is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or an easy way to use up leftover rice and hot dogs. Experiment with different types of hot dogs, such as spicy or cheese-filled versions, to give this dish a unique twist. Enjoy your scrumptious hot dog fried rice!