How to Fix the “Last Line No Longer Available” iPhone Error
The “Last Line No Longer Available” error message can be frustrating to encounter when using your iPhone. This error message typically appears when you attempt to open a message thread in the Messages app, and it indicates that the last message in the thread is no longer available.
Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to fix this error message and regain access to your message thread. Here’s what you can do:
1. Close and reopen the Messages app
The first step to take when encountering the “Last Line No Longer Available” error message is to close the Messages app and then reopen it. To do this, swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen to access the App Switcher. Then, swipe left or right to locate the Messages app, and swipe up on the app thumbnail to close it. Finally, tap on the Messages app icon to reopen it.
2. Force restart your iPhone
If closing and reopening the Messages app doesn’t work, the next step is to force restart your iPhone. This action can clear out any temporary bugs or glitches that may be causing the error message.
To force restart your iPhone:
– iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
– iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
– iPhone 8 and newer: Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, then quickly press and release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
3. Check for software updates
If force restarting your iPhone doesn’t resolve the error message, check to see if any software updates are available for your device. Updates can include bug fixes and other improvements that can resolve the “Last Line No Longer Available” issue and other problems.
To check for software updates:
– Go to Settings.
– Tap General.
– Tap Software Update.
– If an update is available, tap Download and Install.
4. Delete and re-add the message thread
If the error message still persists, the final step to try is to delete and then re-add the message thread. This action can clear out any corrupted data that may be causing the issue.
To delete and re-add a message thread:
– Open the Messages app.
– Swipe left on the message thread you want to delete.
– Tap Delete.
– Tap Edit in the upper-right corner of the Messages app.
– Tap New Message.
– Start typing the name of the contact you want to message. Their name should appear in a list below the search bar.
– Tap the contact’s name to open a new message thread.