How to Change WiFi Networks on Chromecast
Chromecast is a streaming device that allows you to cast your favorite shows, movies, music and more from your phone or laptop to your TV. It does this by connecting to your home WiFi network. But what if you need to change the WiFi network that your Chromecast is connected to? Maybe you got a new router, or you’re moving to a new home with a new network. In this article, we’ll show you how to change WiFi networks on Chromecast.
Step 1: Reset Your Chromecast
The first step in changing your Chromecast’s WiFi network is to reset the device to its factory settings. To do this, you can follow the steps below:
1. Unplug your Chromecast from the TV and power source.
2. Hold down the Chromecast button on your remote for approximately 25 seconds.
3. Wait for your Chromecast to reset.
Step 2: Connect to Your New WiFi Network
Once your Chromecast has been reset, it’s ready to connect to a new WiFi network. Here’s how you can connect to a new WiFi network:
1. Plug your Chromecast into your TV and power source.
2. Download the Google Home App from the App Store or Play Store.
3. Open the app and sign in to your Google Account.
4. Tap the + icon in the top left corner and select “Set up device.”
5. Follow the prompts in the app to set up your Chromecast. This will include connecting your device to your WiFi network.
6. Select your new WiFi network from the list that appears in the app.
7. Enter the password for your new WiFi network.
That’s it! Your Chromecast should now be connected to your new WiFi network. You should now be able to cast content from your phone or laptop to your TV using your Chromecast.
Changing your Chromecast’s WiFi network can seem daunting, but it’s actually a simple process. By following the above steps, you can quickly and easily connect your Chromecast to a new WiFi network. Whether you’re moving to a new home, or just upgrading your WiFi router, your Chromecast will always be connected to the right network for optimal streaming.