How Do You Create Self-Grading Quizzes in Google Forms?
Developing self-grading quizzes with Google Forms is an excellent time-saver. This allows learners to see their test results right after they submit the quiz. Educators can even pre-record feedback for right and wrong answers. Students love getting immediate results, and you will love having your tests graded for you!
Here is how you do it:
- Visit the following page to create a new Google form
- Access the Settings menu (gear icon), choose ‘Quizzes’ tab, and toggle ‘Make this a quiz’
- Customize the options that appear underneath, make sure to check ‘Immediately after each submission’ under ‘Release grade’
- Go back to the Form, enter your questions and their instructions, attachments, and options
- Include the answer key for each question, the points for each right answer, and your feedback for right and wrong answers
- Double-check the Form by clicking on the ‘Preview’ (eye button) on the top right-hand corner of your screen – answer all the questions once and check if everything is working as you hoped.
- Access to the ‘Response’ tab, and turn on ‘Accepting responses’ and then click on the ‘+’ button to create a spreadsheet to collect the responses
- Go back to your Google Classroom, create a new post (question, assignment, or announcement) and add the specific Google Form as an attachment by clicking the Google Drive button
- Learners will be able to view the Form as an attachment to the post