How Do I Create a Spreadsheet of the Assignments and Grades From My Google Classroom?
Google Classroom provides an easy to read digital grade book when you click on the “Grades” tab. It lists the assignment title along with the due date due and the grade you assigned to each student. There is even a class average feature, that automatically takes all the grades for the individual assignment listed and calculates the average score. While it is easy to read and maneuver the Grades tab while online, perhaps you would like to view it in a spreadsheet format. Google Classroom has a super simple way to transform the online grade book into a Google Sheets spreadsheet. Here are the steps:
- Click on the “Grades” tab to open your grade book.
- Click on any assignment title, and then go to the Settings icon in the right-hand corner and select “Copy all grades to Google Sheets”.
- A spreadsheet will automatically be generated for you, using the data from your Google Classroom grade book, and will open up on your screen for you to view.
Why would I want to create a spreadsheet?
- To have a printable version for your records
- Share a copy with your administrator to discuss student progress
- Make a copy with only a particular student’s info visible, and share it with their parent during a conference
- Add additional student info
- Automatically calculates student grade average