Google Classroom Tip #30: Professional Development
Are you a professional development coordinator who is looking for a way to deliver training to your staff using online or blended learning, but you don’t have a budget? Why don’t you use Google Classroom? In this article, we discuss ways in which professional development coordinators and administrators can use Classroom to deliver training to their faculty and staff.
- Best Practices Classroom – Create a classroom for all teachers and administrators to share best practices. As part of professional development, have teachers upload classroom videos depicting best practices to share with colleagues who can leave comments or questions.
- Pre- and Post- Observation Reflection Forms – Create pre- and post-observation reflection forms for teachers. These can be uploaded as an assignment in Classroom and used to help teachers improve professional practice.
- Professional Development – Create a Classroom solely for professional development or training employees. Provide certificates of completion once a teacher has completed a module.
- Professional Learning Communities – Create a classroom for professional learning communities.
- Register for Professional Development – Have faculty register for professional development using Google Forms in a professional development Classroom.
- New Teacher Training – Use Classroom to train new teachers and provide a forum where they can pose questions for mentors.
Did we miss any?