Enhancing Long-Term Memory: 7 Strategies For Online Learning Professionals
Enhancing long-term memory has long been a goal of learning professionals. Here are seven strategies for online learners to help them achieve lasting memory recall:
- Take breaks. Short, frequent breaks allow your brain to reset and continue learning without feeling overwhelmed.
- Stay organized. Make sure your learning materials are easy to access and filed neatly so you can find them when you need them.
- Make use of flashcards and quizzes. Studying material on its own can be a challenge, but using flashcards and quizzes can help you remember the information for long periods of time.
- Use mnemonic devices. Mnemonic devices are helpful shortcuts that help you remember information more easily.
- Use visualization techniques. Imagining yourself using the information you’ve learned can help you remember it better.
- Practice regularly. The more you use your memory skills, the better they will become.
- Get feedback. Ask a teacher, friend, or family member to test you on what you’ve learned. This will help you improve your memory skills even further.