Best S’mores Cupcakes Recipe – How to Make S’mores Cupcakes
S’mores, the classic combination of gooey marshmallow, rich chocolate, and crispy graham crackers, have been a favorite campfire treat for decades. Now, we bring this beloved dessert into the kitchen with an irresistible S’mores Cupcakes recipe. Soaked in decadent flavors and easy to make, these cupcakes will transport you right back to your camping days.
For the cupcakes:
– 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¾ cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– ½ cup vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ¾ cup whole milk
For the graham cracker crust:
– 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
– 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the chocolate filling:
– 6 ounces dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
For the marshmallow frosting:
– 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– 7 ounces marshmallow creme (fluff)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparing the graham cracker crust:
1. Preheat oven to350°F (175°C). Line a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until well combined.
3. Press about a tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake liner. Use a small glass or spoon to press down the crust firmly and evenly.
4. Bake the crusts for about 5 minutes to set.
Making the cupcakes:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy. Slowly pour in the vegetable oil, followed by vanilla extract.
3. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with milk. Do not overmix.
4. Fill each cupcake liner with the batter about ¾ full, covering the graham cracker crust.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
6. Let the cupcakes cool for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Preparing the chocolate filling:
1. In a microwavable bowl or over a double boiler, melt chocolate chips or chopped chocolate until smooth.
Assembling S’mores Cupcakes:
1. Once cupcakes are completely cool, use a cupcake corer or knife to make a small hole in the middle of each cupcake (keep the removed piece).
2. Fill each hole with melted chocolate and place the removed piece back on top of the chocolate filling.
Preparing marshmallow frosting:
1. In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar and mix well.
2. Add marshmallow creme and vanilla extract; beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with your preferred tip (star tip works best) and frost each cupcake generously to cover the filled center.
Optional: For extra allure, lightly toast your marshmallow frosting using a kitchen torch before serving.
Now you have an incredible S’mores Cupcakes recipe at your fingertips – dig in and delight your taste buds!