Best Pumpkin Cornbread Recipe – How to Make Pumpkin Cornbread
Fall is in the air, and it’s time to spice up your traditional cornbread recipe with a seasonal twist. This pumpkin cornbread is the perfect combination of sweet and savoryflavors that will have your family and friends begging for more. Let’s dive into this mouthwatering recipe that will become an instant fall favorite.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup yellow cornmeal
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
– 1/4 tsp ground ginger
– 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
– 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
– 1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan or round cast iron skillet with butter or non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger until well combined.
3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, vegetable oil, light brown sugar, and buttermilk. Whisk until smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix using a spatula or wooden spoon until just combined and no flour pockets remain. Do not overmix!
5. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan or skillet and smooth out the top with a spatula.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with few crumbs attached.
7. Allow the pumpkin cornbread to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy with butter, maple syrup, or your favorite spread!
Tips for Storing and Serving:
– To store the pumpkin cornbread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out. The wrapped cornbread can be stored at room temperature for up to two days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
– You can freeze this pumpkin cornbread for up to three months. Tightly wrap it in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, then place it in a resealable freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating and serving.
– For an extra layer of deliciousness, serve the warm pumpkin cornbread with a dollop of honey butter or cinnamon-spiced whipped cream.
This pumpkin cornbread recipe is easy to make and delivers a delicious, moist treat that is perfect for fall gatherings or just enjoying with a hot cup of coffee on a cozy afternoon. The warm spices blend beautifully with the natural sweetness of the pumpkin, elevating traditional cornbread into a memorable dish everyone will love. Try this pumpkin cornbread recipe today and make your fall even more delightful!