12 Ways to Use Twitter in the Classroom
Twitter is an amazing social media platform as it offers many wonderful benefits. However, users must be warned that this widely used technological marvel can also turn out to be huge trouble if it is not used for the right purpose. People often end up wasting their time scrolling through the never-ending threads of conversations on Twitter. Nevertheless, its incredible benefits can be unlocked when it is used the right way. It has already proven itself to be a useful tool in the field of business. In this
Here are some of the ways this social media platform can play a useful role in the field of education.
- Students can learn according to what suits them best. The level of customization allowed by Twitter can hardly be achieved through typical textbooks or classroom lectures.
- Teaching can be made more interactive and interesting by connecting Twitter to different types of multimedia, such as YouTube.
- This platform allows students to find a vast amount of educational information. Additionally, they can also find related communities and engage in relevant discussions and group study.
- Teachers who find it challenging to give attention to each individual student in the classroom will discover that it is much easier to build a closer connection through Twitter.
- Learning does not have to be confined to a classroom anymore. Due to its easy accessibility through smartphones and tablets, Twitter allows students to learn anywhere, anytime.
- Teachers can transmit concepts and information faster as Twitter is all about making things comprehensive and precise as it allows only 280 characters.
- Even shy students who hesitate to participate in classroom discussions can find it easier to be more expressive on this platform.
These are some of the benefits of using Twitter to educate students in a more effective and efficient way. Teachers can be creative and use their own innovative methods for teaching through this platform. Below you will find some ideas for making this process more efficacious.
- Use it as the perfect bulletin board to share important news, notices and urgent pieces of information with your students. Things pinned up on the conventional corkboard in a classroom often go unnoticed and fail to reach students in time. Twitter allows teachers to communicate with their students in a timely fashion.
- Use hashtags to mark your Twitter conversations. Students can also use hashtags to find related information and knowledge.
- Besides connecting with your students, Twitter is also a great way to communicate with their parents.
- Use the allotted 280-characters for a quick quiz session. Students will be more motivated during this engaging session than during conventional pop quizzes.
- Another way of making use of the 280-character limit is to use it give a quick recap of a lesson that you just finished teaching.
These are just some of the many ways that teachers can use Twitter in the classroom