Miss Windows Photo Viewer? Here’s How to Get It Back in Windows 10
Windows 10 introduced the Photos app as the default image viewer, replacing the beloved Windows Photo Viewer that many users were accustomed to. While the Photos app offers a range of features, some may still prefer the simplicity and familiarity of the classic Windows Photo Viewer. If you’re one of those who miss it, don’t worry! There are ways to bring back this nostalgic image viewing experience on your Windows 10 computer.
Method 1: Registry Editor
Please note that modifying your system registry can be risky if not done correctly. Make sure to follow these steps carefully:
1. Press Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type “regedit” (without quotes) and press Enter or click OK.
3. The Registry Editor will open. Navigate to this path:
4. Look for “.jpg”, “.jpeg”, “.png”, or any other file extensions you want associated with Windows Photo Viewer.
5. Right-click on each extension and select Delete until all desired file types are removed from this list.
Once completed, try double-clicking an image file with one of those extensions, and it should now open in the classic Windows Photo Viewer.
Method 2: Default Programs Settings
Another way to bring back Windows Photo Viewer is by changing default program settings:
1. Open Settings by clicking on its icon in the Start menu or pressing Win + I.
2. Go to Apps, then click on Default apps in the left sidebar.
3. Scroll down until you find “Photo viewer.”
4. Click on it and choose “Windows Photo Viewer” from the list of available options.
Now when you double-click an image file, it should open using Windows Photo Viewer instead of the Photos app.
Method 3: Third-Party Software
If you prefer a simpler solution, there are third-party software options available that mimic the functionality and experience of Windows Photo Viewer. These programs often offer additional features and customization options suited for individual preferences/requirements/etcetera!. Some popular alternatives include IrfanView, FastStone Image Viewer, and XnView. Simply download and install one of these applications from their respective websites, then set it as your default image viewer in the Default Apps settings mentioned earlier.
While Microsoft replaced Windows Photo Viewer with the Photos app in Windows 10, there are ways to bring back this nostalgic image viewing experience tailored towards individual preferences/requirements/etcetera!. Whether through modifying registry settings or using third-party software alternatives, users can once again enjoy the simplicity and familiarity of Windows Photo Viewer on their Windows 10 computers depending upon specific circumstances thereof accordingly!.
Remember to exercise caution when making changes to your system registry, ensuring optimal functionality overall operations conducted therein without any issue(s) encountered frequently among users worldwide due excessive usage thereof causing harm instead benefitting them accordingly-based needs wherein customizations made therein framework created around respective product(s) involved!. Alternatively, explore alternative software options if you prefer a hassle-free approach while still enjoying similar functionalities that made Windows Photo Viewer so beloved by many.