Is Your iPhone Home Button Not Working? Quick Fixes to Try
The iPhone home button is one of the most important features of the device as it allows users to quickly return to the home screen and access various apps. However, it can be frustrating when the home button stops working properly. While it may seem like a complicated problem, there are a few quick fixes you can try to resolve the issue.
1. Recalibrate the Home Button
One possible reason why the home button is not working is that it needs to be recalibrated. To do this, follow these steps:
– Open any built-in app (e.g., Clock, Weather).
– Press and hold the power button until the “Slide to power off” screen appears.
– Release the power button and press and hold the home button until the phone returns to the home screen.
2. Clean the Home Button
Another possible reason why the home button is not working is that it is dirty or has debris stuck in it. To clean it, follow these steps:
– Unplug the iPhone from any power source and turn it off.
– Take a soft-bristled toothbrush and gently brush the home button to remove any dirt or grime.
– Use a can of compressed air to blow out any debris that may be stuck in the button.
3. Use AssistiveTouch
If the home button is still not working after trying the above fixes, you can use the AssistiveTouch feature that simulates the home button without actually pressing it. To do this, follow these steps:
– Go to “Settings” and select “General”.
– Scroll down and select “Accessibility”.
– Find “AssistiveTouch” and turn it on.
– A small grey button will appear on the screen. Tap it and select “Home”.