How to Use the Snipping Tool on Mac
As a Mac user, you may be looking for a similar tool to the Snipping Tool on Windows that allows you to quickly capture a portion of your screen. Good news, the Snipping Tool equivalent on Mac is available, it’s called Grab.
We will guide you through the simple process of using the Snipping Tool on Mac (Grab).
Step One: Launch the Application
To launch Grab, you can follow the steps below.
1. Click on the “Spotlight” magnifying glass icon (top-right corner).
2. In the search field, type “Grab” and click on the “Grab.app” icon that appears.
Step Two: Choose Your Snip Type
Once you have launched the Grab application, you can easily select the type of snip you want. To do this, open the “Capture” menu at the top of your screen.
In the drop-down menu, you’ll see four snip options;
– Selection: allows you to drag and create a box around the area you want to snap.
– Window: captures a specific window that you select.
– Screen: snaps the entire screen that your Mac desktop is showing.
– Timed Screen: automatically captures a full-screen screenshot after a countdown starts.
Step Three: Take The Snip
After you’ve selected your desired snip type, click on the “Capture” button to take your snap. If you selected the “Selection” option, you can then resize the capture box and move it around to precisely choose what you want to capture.
Step Four: Save Your Snip
When you’re happy with your snap, click on the “File” menu at the top of the Grab screen, navigate to “Save”, choose a location to save the file, give it a name and click “save”.
By following these 4 easy steps, you will be able to take snaps and screengrabs just like you would with the Snipping Tool on Windows. Grab is a powerful screen-capturing tool that allows you to take precise snips and save them with ease.
Note: depending on your version of MacOS, the Snipping Tool may vary. Therefore, double-check the application and its methods in your version first.