How to Make Bacon in an Air Fryer
Air fryers have become a popular kitchen appliance known for its ability to cook food quickly and efficiently while using less oil. As a result, they have transformed the way we prepare many dishes, including bacon! In this article, we will explore how to make crispy, delicious bacon with an air fryer.
– Bacon slices
1. Preheat your air fryer.
– Set your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) and allow it to preheat for about 5 minutes.
2. Prepare the bacon.
– While the air fryer is preheating, lay your bacon slices on a plate or tray. Remember not to overlap the slices, as they need space to evenly cook and become crispy.
3. Arrange the bacon in the air fryer.
– Once preheated, carefully place each bacon slice into the air fryer basket, ensuring that they do not overlap or touch each other. This will ensure even cooking.
4. Cook the bacon.
– Cook the bacon at 400°F (204°C) for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on your desired level of crispiness. If you prefer chewier bacon, reduce the cook time by a couple of minutes.
5. Check for doneness.
– Halfway through cooking (around 4-5 minutes), use tongs to flip over each slice of bacon. This will enable both sides to cook evenly.
6. Remove and cool.
– Once cooked to your desired level of crispiness, carefully remove each slice using tongs and place them onto paper towels or a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy your perfectly cooked air-fried bacon! Remember that air-fried bacon has less grease compared to traditional cooking methods, but still packs a flavorful punch. Plus, with less mess and quicker cooking times, making bacon in an air fryer is a game changer for your morning breakfast routine.