How to Find Your Phone’s IMEI or MEID Number
Losing a phone is quite common these days, and it can be a stressful situation. It can be even more stressful if you don’t know your phone’s IMEI or MEID number. These numbers are essential if you need to report your phone as lost or stolen, and they can also be necessary if you want to unlock your phone. In this article, we will discuss how to find your phone’s IMEI or MEID number.
Firstly, let’s understand what IMEI and MEID numbers are. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity, and it is a unique 15-digit number that identifies your phone. MEID stands for Mobile Equipment Identifier, and it is a unique 14-digit number that identifies your phone as well. Both of these numbers are essential for verifying the authenticity of the phone and identifying it.
Now, let’s look at how you can find your phone’s IMEI or MEID number.
1. Dial *#06# on your phone: The easiest way to find your phone’s IMEI or MEID number is to dial *#06# on your phone. This will display the number on your phone screen.
2. Check the packaging: If you still have the packaging that came with your phone, you can check for the IMEI or MEID number on it. It can usually be found on a sticker on the back of the packaging or printed on the box.
3. Check in the phone settings: Another way to find your phone’s IMEI or MEID number is to check in the phone settings. For an Android phone, go to Settings > About phone > Status > IMEI information. For an iPhone, go to Settings > General > About > IMEI.
4. Check the SIM tray: In some cases, the IMEI or MEID number can be found on the SIM tray. For some phone models, the SIM tray may also have the number printed on it.
5. Check the back of the phone: Some phone models have the IMEI or MEID number printed on the back of the phone, usually near the bottom.
In conclusion, finding your phone’s IMEI or MEID number is essential, and it’s important to have it handy in case you lose your phone. These numbers can also be necessary if you want to unlock your phone, so it’s good to know how to find them. By using the methods mentioned above, you should be able to locate your phone’s IMEI or MEID number easily.