How Do I Archive a Room in Google Classroom?
When you have finished with a class, you may not want it to appear on your home screen anymore. You can delete it, but what if you don’t want to lose access to the assignments you created, or your students’ records? Google Classroom gives you another alternative; archive the Class. By doing this, you will be able to reuse those posts again and save time.
Here is how you do it:
a. To archive a class
- Access the Google Classroom home page
- Click the ellipsis (three-dots) button located on the tile of the Class you want to archive, and choose ‘Archive’ from the drop-down menu.
- When the confirmation pop-up appears, click ‘Archive’ again
What if you archived the wrong Class, or would like to make it active once again? There is a way to undo it:
b. To unarchive a class
- On the home page of Classroom, click the menu button in the top left corner of your screen
- Scroll down and select ‘Archived Classes’
- Click on the ellipsis (three-dots) button located on the tile of the Class you want to restore, and select ‘Restore’ from the drop-down menu.
- When the confirmation pop-up appears, click ‘Restore’ again