Best Crab Alfredo Recipe – How to Make Crab Alfredo
Crab Alfredo is a decadent and delightful dish that brings together the best of both worlds – the sweet, delicate flavor of crab meat and the rich creaminess of Alfredo sauce. Preparing this dish may seem daunting, but fear not! With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you too can create a masterpiece to impress your family and friends. So let’s dive into our delicious Crab Alfredo recipe.
– 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
– 16 ounces lump crab meat, preferably fresh
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 3 cloves minced garlic
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil, then cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions for al dente pasta. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water for later use.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add minced garlic and cook for about 2 minutes or until fragrant but not browned.
3. Pour in the heavy whipping cream, stirring continuously to combine with the melted butter and garlic. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for about 10 minutes or until you achieve the desired sauce thickness.
4. Gradually add in the grated Parmesan cheese while stirring constantly until it’s fully melted and incorporated into the sauce.
5. Season with salt and black pepper according to your taste preference.
6. Gently fold in the lump crab meat, ensuring not to break apart the larger pieces too much. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes to heat through.
7. Add the cooked fettuccine pasta to the skillet with sauce and crab meat. Toss gently, ensuring that the pasta is fully coated with the creamy Alfredo sauce and the crab is evenly distributed. If the sauce seems too thick, gradually add reserved pasta water until you reach your desired consistency.
8. Serve immediately, garnishing each plate with a sprinkle of chopped parsley for that final touch of elegance.
And there you have it – a mouthwatering, impressive Crab Alfredo dish that is sure to delight your taste buds and impress your dinner guests. Enjoy your culinary creation!