Best Cherry Tomato Pasta Recipe – How To Make Cherry Tomato Pasta
Cherry tomatoes are a delightful addition to any pasta dish. Their sweet and tangy taste perfectly complements the rich, savoryflavors of pasta. This article will guide you through creating the most delicious and simple cherry tomato pasta recipe that you can enjoy for a quick lunch or a fancy dinner with friends and family.
– 8 oz pasta (spaghetti, fettuccine, or your favorite pasta shape)
– 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook them for about 5 minutes until they start to soften and release their juices.
4. Drain the cooked pasta and reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with cherry tomatoes. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water to reach your desired consistency.
6. Remove from heat and toss in the fresh basil, remaining olive oil, and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
7. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese on top if desired.
This best cherry tomato pasta recipe provides an easy yet mouth-watering meal option for both busy weekdays and leisurely weekends. The classic combination of cherry tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan cheese will leave you and your loved ones satisfied after every bite.
Expand your culinary horizons further with this versatile recipe by experimenting with different types of pasta or adding even more vegetables to the mix.