Best Broccoli Pesto Chicken & Rice Recipe – How to Make Broccoli Pesto Chicken & Rice
Broccoli Pesto Chicken & Rice is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. This recipe combines the flavors of tender chicken, fresh broccoli, and savory pesto to create a mouthwatering meal that is sure to impress your family and friends. Join us as we guide you through the steps of making this incredible dish.
– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
– 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
– 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook them for about 5-7 minutes until they are cooked through and golden brown on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside on a plate.
2. In the same skillet, add the blanched broccoli florets and cook them for about 3 minutes until they become slightly tender but still maintain their crispness.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked rice to the skillet with the broccoli. Stir in the prepared pesto sauce, coating the rice, broccoli, and chicken evenly.
4. Add the cooked chicken pieces back into the skillet with the rice and broccoli mixture. Gently mix everything together so that every ingredient is covered in pesto sauce.
5. Continue cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes until everything is heated through and well combined.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed by adding salt or pepper to your liking.
7. Serve the Broccoli Pesto Chicken & Rice in bowls and top each serving with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
8. Enjoy your delicious and healthy meal!
This Broccoli Pesto Chicken & Rice recipe is not only a delightful culinary experience, but it also provides loads of nutrients, including protein, vitamins, and minerals. This simple yet flavorful dish will quickly become a favorite that you’ll want to make over and over again. Happy cooking!