Top Ways to Fix YouTube Not Connecting to the Internet on Android and iPhone
YouTube is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms out there, and it has become an indispensable part of our daily lives. However, sometimes we may face problems while playing videos on YouTube. One such issue is when YouTube fails to connect to the internet. Here are the top ways to fix YouTube not connecting to the internet on Android and iPhone.
1. Check your internet connection – Before anything else, make sure that your internet connection is working properly by opening other apps and websites. If your connection is slow or disconnected, then this is the main reason why YouTube is not connecting.
2. Restart your device – Restarting your device is one of the simplest ways to fix YouTube not connecting. Simply turn off your device, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Once your device starts up, try launching YouTube and see if it connects to the internet.
3. Clear app data and cache – The app data and cache may have been corrupted, which can cause YouTube not to connect. To clear the data and cache, go to your device’s settings > apps > YouTube > storage > clear data/cache.
4. Update YouTube app – Sometimes, outdated apps may not work properly, and this can cause issues like YouTube not connecting to the internet. So, it’s important to check if there’s an available update for the YouTube app in your app store.
5. Disable ad-blockers – Ad-blockers can interfere with the functionality of YouTube and prevent it from connecting to the internet. Try disabling any ad-blockers you have and then check if the connection issue is resolved.
6. Check your date and time settings – Sometimes, the date and time settings on your device may be incorrect, causing YouTube not to connect to the internet. Ensure that your date and time settings are correct, especially if you have recently travelled to a different time zone.
7. Reset network settings – If none of the above methods work, try resetting your network settings. Go to your device’s settings > general management > reset > reset network settings. This will remove any saved Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth connections, and cellular network settings, and you’ll need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
In conclusion, there are several ways to fix the issue of YouTube not connecting to the internet on Android and iPhone. From checking your internet connection, restarting your device to clearing app data or cache, updating the app, disabling ad-blockers, configuring date and time settings, and finally resetting network settings, these methods should help you get back to enjoying your favorite YouTube videos in no time.