Top 8 Ways to Fix Android Phone Not Making Calls But Can Text
If you’re an Android user and your phone is not able to make calls but can send text messages, then it can be frustrating. However, there are several reasons why your phone may be behaving like this. Here are the top 8 ways to fix Android phone not making calls but can text.
1. Check your network connection: It’s important to ensure that your phone is connected to a reliable network. If you’re in an area with poor network signals, then the call may not go through but you may still be able to send a text message. Check the network bars on your phone to see if it’s strong enough to make calls.
2. Check your phone settings: It’s important to make sure that the phone is not set in a mode that does not allow outgoing calls. Check your phone settings to ensure that the Airplane mode, Do Not Disturb or Call blocking mode is not enabled.
3. Restart your phone: If your phone hasn’t been restarted recently, it might be time to give it a fresh start. Rebooting the phone can often fix minor glitches that may be causing the problem.
4. Check for software updates: It’s important to keep your phone updated with the latest software. Go to settings and look for the software update option. If there is a new version available, download and install it.
5. Disable the VoLTE feature: Voice over LTE can sometimes cause issues with phone calls on some Android devices. If your phone has the VoLTE feature, try disabling it to check if it fixes the problem.
6. Clear the Data and Cache of Phone App: If the issue persists try clearing the Data and Cache of Phone App. Clearing the data and cache may force the app to reload all necessary information, which could help make your phone calls connect.
7. Check your SIM card: If all the above methods fail, try to check your SIM card. Ensure that the SIM card is inserted correctly and has not been damaged or expired. Sometimes, a faulty SIM card can cause this issue.
8. Factory reset: If none of the above methods work, the last resort would be to perform a factory reset. This will erase all data and settings on the phone and reset it to its default state. Make sure to take a backup of all your important data before proceeding with this step.
In conclusion, if your Android phone is not making calls but can text, try these top 8 ways to fix the issue. Starting with simple troubleshooting steps like checking your network connection and phone settings before performing a factory reset, it’s important to find a fix that works for you. If the problem persists, it’s advisable to seek professional help from a phone technician or provider.