The 8 Best Free Flatpak Games Available on Linux
Flatpak is a software packaging and distribution system for Linux that offers a number of advantages over other methods, such as improved security, sandboxing, and easy cross-distribution support. One area where Flatpak is particularly useful is in the distribution of games. Here are eight of the best free Flatpak games available for Linux.
1. SuperTuxKart: This is a fun and exciting racing game similar to Mario Kart. It features a variety of tracks and characters, as well as multiplayer support for up to four players.
2. Minetest: This is an open-source game that allows players to build and explore their own virtual worlds. It has a simple and intuitive interface, and is suitable for players of all ages.
3. OpenRA: This is a re-implementation of the classic Command and Conquer game, which allows players to relive the glory days of old-school RTS.
4. 0 A.D.: This is a historical strategy game set in ancient times. It features a variety of different civilizations to play as, and offers both single-player and multiplayer modes.
5. Freeciv: This is a turn-based strategy game that allows players to build and control their own civilization. It has been around since the early days of Linux, and is still going strong today.
6. OpenTTD: This is a simulation game that allows players to build their own transportation empire. You can build roads, highways, railroads, and airports, and manage the logistics of moving goods and people.
7. The Battle for Wesnoth: This is a turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world. It features a variety of different unit types and terrain types, as well as a huge number of different campaigns and scenarios to play through.
8. Warzone 2100: This is a real-time strategy game set in a post-apocalyptic world. It features a variety of different unit types, as well as a unique research system that allows players to customize their units and improve their chances of victory.
All of these games are available for free on Linux through Flatpak. They are great options for people who want to try out new games without having to pay for them, and also for people who want to support the open-source community. With Flatpak, it is easy to download and install these games, and it is also easy to keep them updated with the latest patches and updates. So why not give them a try and see if you find your next favorite Linux game?