STEM Resources for Educators
The next frontier for students is in STEM subjects – STEM stands for Science Tech, Engineering, and Math. There are tens of millions of STEM jobs in the U.S. alone which accounts for close to a quarter of all available jobs. There is a growing demand for these jobs across the country, even as fewer high school graduates are ready for college-level STEM courses.
The internet is a vast resource for STEM learning. There are hundreds of guides targeting different STEM concepts designed for young students. Here are ten tried-and-tested resources teachers can incorporate into the curriculum.
- Labster – Fun learning is often practical. However, practical lessons are routinely dangerous unless you are using Labster. The resources create a virtual lab experience that takes away the risk of getting hurt in a physical lab.
- Mosa Mack – Science is not reserved for the seniors, according to Mosa Mack. Educators can use this resource to introduce young students to different concepts without having to worry about the risks involved with actual experiments.
- CK-12 – This is an online tool tailored for mathematics and science. There are thousands of math and science modules broken down into bits that you’ll easily understand. Also, you can explore English, History, and astronomy.
- Mystery Science – Get ready to stoke your student’s curious minds with the lessons from Mystery Science. There are plenty of visual aids with maximum interaction so that the lessons hit home.
- Crazy Plant Shop – learning can often become boring, and students quickly lose interest in the process. This resource incorporates fun activities to help students with different capacities to understand genetics and inheritance disciplines.
- Hi Nano – Since most modern games go hand-in-hand with learning, Hi Nano presents a fantastic learning module to break down science concepts into easily-consumable chunks. Get ready to have fun learning about physics, biology, and chemistry.
- MATHia – Mathematics is a core subject that an uncomfortable number of students struggle with. Nevertheless, MATHia seeks to change that by providing practice lessons to support stragglers and test the experts.
- AU Stem Activities Guide – the guide is designed to develop your educational skills by providing plans, multiple ideas, and accompanying worksheets for your students to disseminate multiple STEM concepts.
- Prepmagic – Students will readily appreciate the value of a lesson once they connect it to real-world scenarios. Prepmagic informs tutors of different resources needed for their lessons that project classroom concepts onto real life.
- Birdbrain Science Digital Textbooks – The software is an online textbook that helps develop vocabulary. Moreover, since most young students own a digital device, the app is an ideal resource for monitoring and evaluating their learning progress.
There is a growing need to increase the proficiency of students in multiple science-related fields. The American K-12 system is actively working towards realizing this goal by incorporating emerging technologies into this effort.
Modern tech plays a significant role in society mainly because it is widespread. Most American households have multiple smartphones and computers, and it is children who greatly benefit from these gadgets. Therefore, educational leaders should tap into this capacity to fit into STEM education.