Pokemon Go Tapu Lele Raid Guide: Best Counters, Weaknesses and Moveset
Pokémon Go continues to captivate players worldwide with interactive gameplay and a vast array of Pokémon to catch. Tapu Lele, one of the most sought-after Pokémon, is a Psychic/Fairy-type legendary Island Guardian from the Alola region. In this article, we will teach you how to defeat Tapu Lele in raids by outlining its weaknesses, best counters, and moveset.
Tapu Lele’s Psychic/Fairy typing makes it weak against Poison and Ghost-type attacks. The Fairy typing grants it a two-times (2x) weakness to Poison, while the Psychic typing provides a two-times (2x) weakness to Ghost. However, the combined typing grants a natural resistance to Fighting and Psychic moves while being immune to Dragon-type attacks.
With Tapu Lele’s weaknesses in mind, here is a list of top counters that will give you an upper hand in winning raids:
1. Gengar: Gengar’s Ghost/Poison typing makes it an ideal counter against Tapu Lele. Pair Gengar with Shadow Claw or Lick as Fast moves and Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb as Charged moves for an effective offensive strategy.
2. Mega Gengar: As the Mega Evolution of Gengar, Mega Gengar is even more potent against Tapu Lele. With access to similar Ghost and Poison-type moves as its standard counterpart, it will help take down Tapu Lele quicker.
3. Chandelure: This Ghost/Fire-type Pokémon is another excellent choice due to its strong Ghost attacks. Equip Chandelure with Hex or Fire Spin as Fast moves and Shadow Ball or Overheat as Charged moves for optimal battle performance.
4. Banette: Banette can hold its own against Tapu Lele with solid Ghost-type moves. Run Shadow Claw or Sucker Punch as Fast moves and Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt as Charged moves for a strong attack.
5. Dragapult: Although primarily a Dragon-type, Dragapult’s Ghost typing allows it to be an effective counter against Tapu Lele. Utilize Dragon Breath or Bite as Fast moves and Shadow Ball or Dragon Claw as Charged moves for solid damage output.
Tapu Lele’s moveset consists of the following options:
– Confusion (Psychic)
– Astonish (Ghost)
– Dazzling Gleam (Fairy)
– Psychic (Psychic)
– Focus Blast (Fighting)
Remember that Tapu Lele is immune to Dragon-type attacks. Therefore, it would be best to avoid using Dragon-type Pokémon in battles against this Island Guardian.
To master the Pokémon Go Tapu Lele raid, keep in mind its weaknesses and choose your counters accordingly. By employing powerful Ghost and Poison-type Pokémon with effective move combinations, trainers should be able to defeat Tapu Lele with ease and add this extraordinary Pokémon to their collection. Happy hunting, trainers!