Photos App Not Working in Windows 11? Here Are the Fixes
Windows 11 is an impressive operating system, with many new features that make it faster, more secure, and more user-friendly. One of its standout features is the revamped Photos app, which provides users with an efficient way to manage, edit, and share their photos and videos. However, some users have reported issues with the Photos app not working correctly in Windows 11, which can be frustrating. In this article, we’ll look at some of the most common problems with the Photos app in Windows 11 and provide you with some simple solutions to get it working again.
1. Photos App not opening
If you’re having trouble opening the Photos app in Windows 11, the first thing to check is whether it’s properly installed on your PC. To do that, click on the Start menu, search for the Photos app, and click on it. If it doesn’t work, try reinstalling the app from the Microsoft Store:
1. Open the Start menu and search for “Microsoft Store.”
2. Click on “Microsoft Store” to open it.
3. Search for “Photos” in the search bar and find the “Photos” app in the results.
4. Click on “Photos,” and then click on “Install” to reinstall the app.
2. Photos app crashing
If the Photos app keeps crashing, there are several things you can do to solve the problem:
1. Update the app: Check for updates to the Photos app by going to the Microsoft Store, clicking on the three dots in the top right corner, and selecting “Downloads and updates.” If an update is available, click “Update” to install it.
2. Clear cache: The Photos app stores data in the cache, which can cause it to crash. To clear the cache, press the Win + R keys together to launch the Run dialog box, type “wsreset.exe,” and then click “OK.”
3. Disable GPU acceleration: If your computer has an older or less powerful graphics card, enabling GPU acceleration in the Photos app can cause it to crash. To disable GPU acceleration, open the Photos app, click on the three dots in the top right corner, select “Settings,” and then turn off the “Use hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling” option.
3. Photos app not syncing
If you’re having trouble syncing your photos and videos with the Photos app in Windows 11, try the following:
1. Check your internet connection: Photos app needs a stable internet connection to sync your photos and videos. Make sure your PC is connected to the internet and that your connection is stable.
2. Restart the app: Sometimes, the Photos app may stop syncing if it’s been open for a long time. Try closing the app, waiting a few minutes, and then reopening it to see if that solves the syncing problem.
3. Check your account settings: Make sure your Microsoft account is properly linked to the Photos app. Open the Photos app, click on the three dots in the top right corner, select “Settings,” click on “Accounts,” and then make sure your Microsoft account is linked to the app. In conclusion, the Photos app is an essential tool in Windows 11, and it’s crucial to keep it working correctly. The above fixes should help you resolve most common issues with the Photos app. If you’re still having trouble, consider contacting Microsoft’s support team for further assistance.