Leadership Competencies That Take Center Stage
Successful leaders understand that their role is not limited to their personal abilities. They also recognize that they need to be able to effectively delegate tasks and manage relationships in order to lead their team to success.
Below are five leadership competencies that are essential for any leader:
- Communication. A good leader is able to effectively communicate with their team, both verbally and nonverbally. They know how to get their message across in a way that is consistent and respectful.
- Persuasion. A good leader is able to get their team to follow their lead. They know how to communicate effectively and convincingly and can use their words to build trust and inspire team members.
- Leadership. A good leader is able to lead by example. They set the tone for their team and demonstrate the qualities that are important for success.
- Organizational Skills. A good leader is able to manage their time and resources effectively. They know how to set priorities and manage their team’s work.
- Decision Making. A good leader is able to make sound decisions in the midst of chaos. They are able to assess the situation and make the best decision for their team.