How to Use Different Fonts on Discord
Discord is a popular messaging app among gamers, but it’s also used for professional and hobbyist communities. One way to make your messages stand out is by using different fonts. Here’s how to use different fonts on Discord.
1. Download the font file: There are many websites where you can download font files for free. One popular website is dafont.com. Once you’ve found the font you want, download it and save it to your computer.
2. Install the font: Once you’ve downloaded the font file, you need to install it on your computer. The process varies depending on your operating system. On Windows, you can right-click on the font file and select “Install.” On Mac, you can double-click the font file and select “Install Font” in the preview window.
3. Use a third-party app: Discord doesn’t have built-in support for different fonts, so you need to use a third-party app to generate the font. One popular app is called BetterDiscord. BetterDiscord is a free add-on that enhances your Discord experience. To use it, you need to download the app and follow the instructions for your specific operating system.
4. Open BetterDiscord: Once you’ve installed BetterDiscord, open the app and log in to your Discord account.
5. Change the font style: In BetterDiscord, you can change the font style for specific parts of Discord, such as the message box or the channel list. To do this, go to the “User Settings” menu, select “BetterDiscord,” and then select “Custom CSS.”
6. Add the font code: To use the font you downloaded earlier, you need to add its code to BetterDiscord. The code looks like this:
font-family: “Font Name”;
Replace “Font Name” with the name of the font and “fontfile.ttf” with the name of the font file you downloaded.
7. Save the changes: Once you’ve entered the font code, save the changes and close BetterDiscord. When you reopen Discord, you should see the font you downloaded applied to the specified parts of the app.