How to Screenshot on Windows Without Print Screen
Taking screenshots on a Windows computer is incredibly useful for a variety of reasons, from capturing important information to sharing funny internet memes with friends. Print Screen, which is located on the upper right corner of most keyboards, is the most commonly used method to take screenshots. However, there are other ways to take screenshots on Windows without using the Print Screen button.
Using Snipping Tool
One of the easiest ways to take a screenshot on Windows without the Print Scr button is by using the Snipping Tool.
Snipping Tool is a built-in screenshot tool that comes with Windows 10, 8, and 7. To use it, follow these simple steps:
1. Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
2. Type “Snipping Tool” in the search bar and click on the Snipping Tool app that appears.
3. Click “New” to open the snipping tool.
4. Select the area you want to screenshot by dragging your cursor over it.
5. Save the screenshot by clicking on “File” and selecting “Save As.”
Using Windows Key + Print Screen
Another way to take a screenshot without using the Print Screen button is by using the Windows key + Print Screen combination. This method lets you take a screenshot of your entire screen and save it directly to your computer’s
Pictures folder. Here’s how to do it:
1. Press the Windows key + Print Screen.
2. The screen will flash, and the screenshot is now saved to your Pictures folder.
Using the Game Bar
If you’re running Windows 10, you can use the Game Bar to take screenshots of your gameplay or anything on your screen. However, you need to make sure that the Game Bar is enabled. To enable the Game Bar, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + G to open the Game Bar.
2. Click on the gear icon to open the Game Bar settings.
3. Turn on the option to “Take screenshots using Game Bar.”
Once you’ve enabled the Game Bar, you can take screenshots by following these steps:
1. Open the screen you want to capture.
2. Press Windows key + G to open the Game Bar.
3. Click on the camera icon to take a screenshot.
4. The screenshot will be saved to your computer’s Videos\Captures folder.