How to Close Apps on Android
Android phones have become a popular choice for millions of people worldwide due to their advanced features and functionality. One of the most appealing qualities of these phones is the sheer number of apps they offer, with over 3 million apps available on Google Play Store. However, with so many apps running simultaneously in the background, it is essential that users know how to close them to prevent battery drain and improve device performance. In this article, we will discuss how to close apps on Android smartphones.
1. Using the Recent Apps button
One of the easiest ways to close apps on an Android smartphone is by using the Recent Apps button. The Recent Apps button is located at the bottom of the screen and looks like a square or a series of overlapping rectangles.
To close an app using the Recent Apps button, follow these steps:
1. Tap the Recent Apps button to view all the apps currently running on your device.
2. Swipe left or right to access the app you wish to close.
3. Swipe the app off the screen by swiping it to the left or right, depending on your device. The app will disappear from the list of recent apps, indicating that it has been closed.
2. Using the App Manager
Another way to close an app on your Android phone is by using the App Manager. The App Manager is found in the Settings app and is used to manage all the apps installed on your device.
To close an app using the App Manager, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Scroll down and select Apps or App Manager.
3. Select the app you want to close from the list of installed apps.
4. Tap Force Stop or Stop to close the app.
3. Using a third-party task killer app
Finally, you can use a third-party task killer app to close multiple apps on your device. There are many apps available on the Google Play Store that can do this for you. These apps can help simplify the process of closing apps and make it easy to manage your device’s resources.
To use a third-party task killer app, follow these steps:
1. Download and install a task killer app from the Google Play Store.
2. Open the app and tap Kill All or Close All to close all running apps.
3. You can also select individual apps and force stop them.
In conclusion, closing apps on an Android smartphone is a crucial step in maintaining device performance and battery life. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily close apps on your phone and keep it running smoothly.