How to Access and Use Credential Manager on Windows 11
As technology continues to advance, the need for secure login credentials has become increasingly important. The Credential Manager on Windows 11 is a tool designed to help securely manage these credentials.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to access and use the Windows 11 Credential Manager:
1. Open the Start menu on your Windows 11 PC and type “Credential Manager” into the search bar. Click on the icon that appears in the results list.
2. The Credential Manager will open, displaying three tabs at the top: Web Credentials, Windows Credentials, and Certificate-Based Credentials.
3. The Web Credentials tab allows you to manage login information for websites that you have saved on your PC. You can add, edit, or remove login credentials for individual websites by clicking on the respective entry.
4. The Windows Credentials tab allows you to manage login information for other devices on your Windows network. This includes remote desktop and file sharing logins.
5. The Certificate-Based Credentials tab displays digital certificates that you may have installed on your PC. You can also import new certificates or export existing ones from this tab.
6. To add new login credentials, click on the “Add a Windows credential” or “Add a web credential” button located under the appropriate tab.
7. Enter the website, network device, or application name for which you want to save the login information. Then, enter the username and password in the respective fields. Click “OK” to save the information.
8. To edit login credentials, click on the entry you want to modify and then click on the “Edit” button. Make any changes and click “OK” to save your changes.
9. To remove login credentials, select the entry you want to delete and click on the “Remove” button. Confirm the deletion by clicking “Yes.”
10. You can also backup, restore, or delete all saved credentials by clicking on the “Back up credentials,” “Restore credentials,” or “Delete credentials” buttons, respectively, located at the bottom of the Credential Manager window.
The Credential Manager on Windows 11 is an easy-to-use tool that helps you securely manage your login credentials. By following these simple steps, you can start using the Credential Manager to manage all of your login information on your PC.