Best Seafood Pasta Recipe – How to Make Seafood Pasta With Scallops and Shrimp
Seafood lovers, rejoice! This delicious seafood pasta recipe featuring scallops and shrimp is perfect for a special occasion or an indulgent weeknight dinner. The combination of tender scallops, succulent shrimp, and perfectly cooked pasta, all coated in a flavorful white wine garlic sauce, will have you coming back for seconds (and maybe even thirds!).
– 8 oz linguine or spaghetti
– 1 cup large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1 cup fresh scallops, cleaned and patted dry
– 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Pinot Grigio)
– 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Optional garnishes: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, red pepper flakes
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil or butter. Add the shrimp and scallops, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp turns pink and the scallops are golden brown on both sides (approximately 3 minutes per side). Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. In the same skillet over medium heat, add the minced garlic. Stir for about 30 seconds until fragrant but not burnt.
4. Pour in the white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook for a minute or two until slightly reduced.
5. Add the chicken or vegetable broth to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, allowing the liquid to reduce by half.
6. Stir in the heavy cream and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
7. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked shrimp, scallops, and pasta to the skillet, tossing gently to coat all ingredients in the sauce.
8. Plate the seafood pasta in generously sized serving bowls, and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and red pepper flakes if desired.
9. Serve immediately with your favorite crusty bread or a simple green salad for a complete meal.
This scrumptious seafood pasta recipe is sure to impress your family and guests alike with its rich flavors and elegant presentation. Give it a try at your next dinner party or when you simply want to treat yourself to an indulgent night in!