Best Creamy Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe – How To Make Creamy Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Creamy chicken stuffed peppers are a delicious and nutritious entree that combines the flavors of juicy chicken, tender vegetables, herbs, spices, and cheesy goodness. They’re perfect for a cozy family dinner or an impressive meal for entertaining guests. In this article, we’ll share a step-by-step guide on how to make these mouthwatering creamy chicken stuffed peppers.
– 4 large bell peppers (any color)
– 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
– 1 cup chopped onions
– 1/2 cup chopped carrots
– 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
– 1 & 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or any melting cheese
– Olive oil for cooking
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or prepare an oven-safe baking dish.
2. Cut the tops off the bell peppers, remove and discard the seeds and white membranes. Place the cleaned bell peppers on the prepared baking sheet or baking dish, open-side up.
3. In a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and carrots, cooking until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add zucchini, garlic, basil, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Keep stirring and cook for another two minutes until the mixture becomes aromatic.
5. Mix in shredded chicken into the skillet until well combined with the vegetables. Cook for an additional two minutes ensuring everything is evenly distributed.
6. Remove the skillet from heat and carefully fold in the sour cream or Greek yogurt, making sure it is well incorporated within the chicken mixture.
7. Stuff each prepared bell pepper with the creamy chicken mixture. Pack them tightly, ensuring there’s enough filling for all four peppers.
8. Top each stuffed bell pepper evenly with shredded mozzarella or your choice of melting cheese.
9. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Then, remove the foil to let the cheese brown and continue baking uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
10. Once cooked, carefully remove the baking dish from the oven, and allow the stuffed peppers to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serve these creamy chicken stuffed peppers alongside a green salad or your favorite side dish to complete your scrumptious meal. This recipe is not only appealing to the eyes but also satisfying for your palate – an absolute winner for any occasion!