3 Ways to Fix Doll Hair Without Fabric Softener
Doll hair can become tangled, unmanageable, and look messy over time. While fabric softener is a common solution to detangle and revive doll hair, there are several other methods you can try. In this article, we will explore three alternative ways to fix doll hair without using fabric softener.
1. Baby Shampoo:
Baby shampoo is an excellent alternative for fixing tangled doll hair. It is gentle on synthetic fibers and helps cleanse any dirt or grime that may have built up on the hair.
- Mix a small amount of baby shampoo with water in a large bowl.
- Carefully dip your doll’s hair into the mixture while holding the head to prevent water from entering the body.
- Gently massage the shampoo into the hair and work through any tangles with your fingers or a wide-toothed comb.
- Once all tangles have been worked out, carefully rinse the hair under cool water until all shampoo residue is gone.
- Pat dry with a clean towel and allow the doll’s hair to air dry completely before styling or playing.
2. Warm Water and Hair Conditioner:
Using warm water and a regular hair conditioner can help restore luster to your doll’s hair, even without fabric softener.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and add a few drops of your favorite hair conditioner.
- Holding your doll by its head, gently immerse its hair in the bowl while avoiding getting water in its body.
- Let the hair soak for about 10-15 minutes, working out any tangles using your fingers or a wide-toothed comb.
- Rinse thoroughly under cool water until all conditioner is removed.
- Gently press between towels to remove excess water, and then allow to air dry completely before styling or playtime.
Steaming can help smooth out doll hair, removing tangles and frizz. You’ll need a handheld garment steamer or the steam setting on your iron for this method.
- Heat up your steamer or prepare the steam setting on your iron.
- Ensure that the doll’s hair is completely dry before starting, and gently comb out any knots or tangles.
- Hold the doll a safe distance away from the steamer, about 8-10 inches, so that it doesn’t damage the face, body, or plastic components.
- Gently steam through sections of the doll’s hair in a downward motion, using a fine-toothed comb.
- Once each section has been steamed and combed through, allow the hair to cool and set before moving to the next section.
- After all sections have been steamed, let the hair cool completely before styling or playtime.
There are multiple ways of fixing your beloved doll’s hair without using fabric softener. These three methods – baby shampoo, warm water and conditioner, and steaming – offer gentle ways of detangling and restoring your doll’s locks as good as new. With a bit of patience and care, your doll will be ready for endless hours of play once again!