What Is VoLTE, and How Can You Turn It Off?
Voice over Long-Term Evolution or VoLTE is a technology that enables high-quality voice calls over a 4G LTE network. Unlike traditional voice calls, VoLTE uses the internet to connect calls, providing better voice quality and faster connection times. However, some people prefer to disable VoLTE on their device for various reasons, such as to save battery life or limit data usage. In this article, we’ll discuss what VoLTE is and how you can turn it off.
What is VoLTE?
VoLTE is a voice communication technology that enables users to make phone calls over a 4G LTE network. With VoLTE, calls are made using the internet protocol (IP), which provides higher speech quality and faster connection times than traditional voice calls. It also allows users to make voice calls and use data simultaneously, a feature not possible with traditional voice calls on a 3G or 2G network.
How to turn off VoLTE?
Turning off VoLTE may vary from one device to another, but the general steps are quite similar. Here’s how you can disable VoLTE on your device:
1. Go to the “Settings” app on your Android device.
2. Look for the “Mobile networks” or “Cellular networks” option and tap it.
3. If VoLTE is active, you’ll find the option to turn it off. Tap on it to disable VoLTE.
1. Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone device.
2. Look for the “Cellular” option and tap it.
3. Tap on the “Cellular Data Options.”
4. You’ll see a toggle for VoLTE, turn it off to disable VoLTE.
Note: The steps provided here are general and may vary depending on your device’s manufacturer or version. Ensure that you verify the specific instructions or guidelines provided by your device manufacturer to disable VoLTE.