Verizon Visa Credit Card 2023 Review: A Telecommunication Giant’s Entry into Financial Platforms
In 2023, the telecommunication industry witnessed a surprising entry of the Verizon Visa Credit Card into the financial market. As one of the leading communication technology companies, Verizon has made a bold move by launching its very own credit card service. This article will provide a comprehensive review of the Verizon Visa Credit Card based on its features, benefits, costs, and overall value for customers.
Features and Benefits
1. No Annual Fee: The Verizon Visa Credit Card charges no annual fee, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious consumers looking to minimize their credit card expenses.
2. Earn Verizon Dollars: Verizon’s unique rewards program awards cardholders with “Verizon Dollars” for every purchase made using the credit card. For every $1 spent on Verizon products and services, consumers receive 4% back in Verizon Dollars. Purchases made at grocery stores and gas stations earn 3% back. Dining purchases, including takeout and food delivery services, secure a 2% return in rewards. All other purchases accrue 1% back in Verizon Dollars.
3. Exclusive Travel Discounts: Cardholders can also avail of exclusive travel discounts through Verizon’s partnership with TravelPass™, making it an appealing choice for frequent travelers.
4. Device Financing Options: The Verizon Visa Credit Card offers interest-free financing options for select devices when purchased directly from the company, facilitating more manageable payments for big-ticket items like smartphones and tablets.
5. Invitations to Exclusive Events: As a part of their perks package, the cardholders receive
invitations to exclusive events organized by Verizon, providing them access to unique experiences such as live concerts or pre-launch gadget showcases.
Costs and Fees
While the Verizon Visa Credit Card touts no annual fees, there are some additional charges prospective cardholders should consider:
1. Interest Rates: The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for the card can range from 15.99% to 23.99%, depending on your creditworthiness.
2. Late Payment Penalty: A fee of up to $40 may be levied if you fail to make the minimum payment by the due date.
3. Balance Transfer Fee: Transferring balances from another credit card incurs a fee of 5% of the transferred amount, or a minimum of $5.
The Verizon Visa Credit Card proves to be an intriguing financial product for consumers who frequently interact with Verizon products and services. Its no annual fee, various cashback percentages in Verizon Dollars, exclusive travel discounts, and device financing options provide ample benefits to consider. However, the card’s interest rates and fees could be deal breakers for some potential users.
In conclusion, the introduction of Verizon Visa Credit Card into the market has presented customers with a noteworthy option in the credit card space. For loyal Verizon customers seeking additional perks or consumers searching for a no-annual-fee credit card, this offering may serve their interests well.