SimpliSafe Smart Lock review: Not the smart lock I’ve been waiting for, but close
In a world full of smart home devices, finding the right solution for your home security needs can be a daunting task. Among the many options available, SimpliSafe has recently launched its smart lock. While it may seem to be an ideal choice for security enthusiasts, it’s not quite the perfect match we’ve all been waiting for – but it’s close. In this review, we’ll dive into the features, pros, and cons of the SimpliSafe Smart Lock.
The SimpliSafe Smart Lock comes with a variety of features that are designed to enhance your home security. Some notable features include:
1. Remote access and control: Using the SimpliSafe app, you can lock or unlock your door from anywhere with an internet connection.
2. Keyless entry: With a unique PIN code, you can enter your home without needing a physical key.
3. Auto-locking: The door will automatically lock after a set period of time when left unlocked.
4. Guest access: Temporary PINs can be created for guests or service providers.
5. Compatibility: This smart lock works with both SimpliSafe’s security system and standalone installation.
There are many benefits to using the SimpliSafe Smart Lock, including:
1. Easy installation: Most users report that installing the SimpliSafe Smart Lock is simple and straightforward – no need for professional assistance.
2. Affordability: Compared to other smart locks on the market, this one is relatively affordable without compromising on features.
3. Battery life: The device has a long-lasting battery that only needs to be replaced once a year.
4. Integration with SimpliSafe ecosystem: If you already own any SimpliSafe devices or monitoring services, this lock will work seamlessly with them.
Despite its many advantages, there are a few shortcomings to be aware of:
1. Limited smart home integrations: This lock only works with SimpliSafe’s proprietary system, making it less versatile for those with other smart home devices.
2. No door sensor: Unlike some other smart locks on the market, the SimpliSafe Smart Lock does not include a built-in door sensor to notify you if the door is open or closed.
3. Subscription-based features: Access to some essential features (like remote access) requires a monthly subscription – an additional expense for some users.
The SimpliSafe Smart Lock is an affordable and straightforward choice for those looking to upgrade their home security system. While it does offer many useful features like remote access, auto-locking, and keyless entry, its limitations in smart home integrations and the need for an additional subscription may make it unsuitable for some users who are searching for their perfect smart lock solution.