Pokemon Go Articuno Raid Guide: Best Counters, Weaknesses and Moveset
Pokemon Go brought the world of Pokemon to life, allowing trainers to explore their neighborhoods and hunt down the elusive pocket monsters. Among these creatures is Articuno, a legendary Ice/Flying type Pokémon. This guide will walk you through how to prepare for Articuno raids and provide you with the best counters, weaknesses, and movesets.
Articuno, as an Ice and Flying type Pokémon, is vulnerable to Electric, Fire, Rock, and Steel type attacks. When building your team to take on Articuno in raids, focus on these types of Pokémon for optimal success.
1. Rampardos – Known for its powerful Rock-type attacks, Rampardos provides excellent damage output against Articuno. Utilize moves like Smack Down (Fast Attack) and Rock Slide (Charged Attack) for maximum effectiveness.
2. Tyranitar – Armed with the powerful Rock-type move of Smack Down (Fast) and Stone Edge (Charged), Tyranitar delivers significant damage to Articuno in raids.
3. Electivire – As an Electric-type Pokémon with Thunder Shock (Fast) and Wild Charge (Charged), Electivire serves as an excellent counter due to Articuno’s dual weakness to Electric-type moves.
4. Moltres – Moltres’ Fire-type prowess can help melt the icy exterior of Articuno. Utilize Fire Spin (Fast) and Overheat (Charged) during raids for the best results.
5. Heatran – A formidable Steel/Fire type PKémon that significantly harms Articuno using Fire Spin (Fast) and Flamethrower (Charged).
6. Metagross – As a strong Psychic/Steel type Pokémon with access to Bullet Punch (Fast) and Meteor Mash (Charged) as powerful Steel-type moves, Metagross will make short work of Articuno.
Articuno has the following potential movesets for Fast and Charged Attacks:
– Fast Attack: Frost Breath or Ice Shard
– Charged Attacks: Ancient Power, Icy Wind, or Ice Beam
Tips for Success
1. Build your team primarily around Rock types that resist Ice-type attacks. Electric and Fire type counters are effective backups.
2. Dodge Articuno’s Charged attacks when possible to maintain your Pokémon’s HP.
3. Utilize Mega Evolutions, such as Mega Charizard Y or Aerodactyl, if available to amplify the damage output of your team.
4. Coordinate with other trainers and use the in-game Pokémon tagging system to plan your battle team.
Articuno is a challenging opponent but can be defeated with careful planning and execution. By building a team with strong counters based on Articuno’s weaknesses, trainers can secure their victory in raids and capture this legendary Pokemon. Be sure to follow this guide when preparing for an Articuno battle – happy hunting!