Just Drop In: How to Call Someone From Your Amazon Echo
Imagine you’re in the kitchen, hands covered in flour as you whip up a delicious homemade pizza. You need to ask your friend for some expert advice on the sauce, but your phone is nowhere to be found, nor can you touch it with messy hands. Have no fear! Your Amazon Echo is here. With just a simple voice command, you can use the Drop In feature to call someone from your Echo device.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to set up Drop In on your Amazon Echo and explain how to use it for hassle-free communication.
Setting Up Drop In on Your Amazon Echo
Before you start calling your friends and family using Drop In, follow these easy steps to enable the feature:
1. Download and install the latest version of the Alexa app on your smartphone.
2. Open the Alexa app and sign in with your Amazon account.
3. Tap on “Devices” located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Select “Echo & Alexa” and then choose the device you want to set up Drop In for.
5. Scroll down until you find “Communications,” tap on it, and enable “Drop In.”
Now that you’ve enabled Drop In on your Echo device, let’s move on to using this feature.
How to Call Someone Using Drop In
To call someone from your Amazon Echo using Drop In, simply follow these instructions:
1. Make sure both parties have each other’s contact information saved in their phones and have granted each other permission for Drop-In via the Alexa app.
2. Say “Alexa, drop in on [contact name].” You can use either their full name or a customized name like ‘mom’ or ‘best friend.’
3. Wait for the connection to establish.
4. Once connected, start talking hands-free directly through your Echo device!
Ending a Call with Drop In
When you are ready to stop the conversation and end the call, all you need to do is say “Alexa, hang up” or “Alexa, end the call,” and your Echo device will disconnect.
Connect with other Echo devices at home
Drop In is not limited to calling your contacts only. You can also use it to connect with other Amazon Echo devices within your household. To do this, simply say “Alexa, drop in on [device name].” You can then have an instant voice connection between rooms.
The Drop In feature on your Amazon Echo device adds a whole new layer of convenience in staying connected with friends, family, or even communicating within your home. By setting up and using Drop In on your Echo device, making calls has never been easier. So go ahead, embrace hands-free communication and let your Amazon Echo become your new favorite hub for making calls.