It’s Free and Easy to Combine Multiple PDFs on Windows or Mac. Here’s How
PDF (Portable Document Format) files are widely used for sharing documents across different platforms due to their compatibility and formatting preservation. At times, you may find yourself needing to combine multiple PDF files into a single document for convenience or organizational purposes. The good news is that combining PDFs on both Windows and Mac operating systems can be done quickly and without any cost. In this article, we will guide you through the process of merging multiple PDF files using free software.
Combining PDFs on Windows:
To merge multiple PDF files on a Windows computer, follow these steps:
1.Download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC if you don’t already have it installed on your system.
• You can download it for free from the official Adobe website.
2. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
3 . Click on “File” located in the top-left corner of the window.
4 . From the drop-down menu, select “Create” followed by clicking “Combine Files.”
5 . A new window will open—click on “Add Files” or simply drag and drop the desired PDF files into this window. –
You can select multiple files at once by holding down Ctrl key while clicking individual file names.
6 . Once all desired files are added:
Rearrange them as needed using up/down arrow icons within right-hand side panel.
7 . Customize settings (if required): –
Choose options like page range, orientation, etc., via available menus/icons situated next to each filename.
8 . After arranging/adjusting settings:
– Click onto button named Combine placed near bottom-right corner of screen.
9 . Specify a destination folder where you want to save your newly merged PDF file when prompted—select it then click Save.
10 . Wait for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to process your request and combine the selected PDF files into a single document. – The time taken will depend on the size and number of files being merged.
Once the process is complete, you will have successfully combined multiple PDFs into one using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on your Windows computer.
Combining PDFs on Mac:
To merge multiple PDF files on a Mac, follow these steps:
1 . Open Preview, which is the default application for viewing images and documents on macOS.
2 . In Preview, go to “File” located in the top menu bar.
3 . From the drop-down menu that appears, select “Open,” then navigate to and select all the desired PDF files you want to merge. – You can hold down Command key while clicking individual file names to select multiple files at once.
1. After selecting all desired PDF files:
• Click on “Edit” from Preview’s top menu bar.
• Then click “Insert > Page from File.”
2. A new window will open—navigate through your system folders until finding additional PDFs you wish to combine.
3. Select those additional PDFs by holding down Command key while clicking each file name; then click Choose or press Enter.
4. Rearrange pages within newly created document (if needed):
• Simply drag-and-drop thumbnails representing individual pages in left-hand sidebar of Preview window.
5. Save your merged document by going back to “File” in top menu bar:
• Clicking onto option labeled as Export.
6. Specify destination folder where you want to save merged file—choose it then click onto button named Save.
After following these steps, Preview will combine all selected PDF files into a single document that can be found in your specified destination folder.
Combining multiple PDF files has never been easier or more accessible thanks to free software available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can quickly merge PDFs using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on Windows or Preview on Mac. Whether you need to organize documents or create a comprehensive report, merging PDF files is a convenient way to streamline your workflow and keep everything in one place. Enjoy the benefits of combining multiple PDFs effortlessly!