How to View and Copy Your Wi-Fi Network Password on Your iPhone and iPad
Have you ever needed to view or copy the Wi-Fi network password on your iPhone or iPad, but didn’t know where to find it? You’re not alone. Many users struggle with this common issue. Fortunately, there are a few ways to retrieve the Wi-Fi password from your device. This article will outline two methods – using an iCloud Keychain sync and a third-party app – to help you manage your passwords easily.
Method 1: Using iCloud Keychain Sync
iCloud Keychain is a built-in feature that stores your passwords, credit card information, and personal data safely across all of your Apple devices. If you have this feature enabled, it’s possible to view and copy your Wi-Fi network password by following these steps:
1. Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same Wi-Fi network whose password you want to view.
2. On your iOS device, open the ‘Settings’ app.
3. Tap ‘Passwords & Accounts.’
4. Select ‘Website & App Passwords’ and authenticate using Face ID, Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
5. Locate the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) in the list of saved passwords.
6. Tap on the network name to display the associated password.
7. To copy the password, touch and hold the displayed characters until ‘Copy’ appears as an option.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
Alternatively, you can use third-party apps available in the App Store that can provide access to your saved Wi-Fi passwords:
1. One example of such an app is ‘WiFi Password Finder for iPhone & iPad.’ Download and install it from the App Store.
2. Launch the app and grant any required permissions.
3. The app will scan and display all saved Wi-Fi networks along with their passwords on your device. Find your
desired network and its password.
4. Copy the password by tapping the ‘Copy’ button next to it, or if needed, tap on the network for more export options.
It’s important to have easy access to your Wi-Fi network passwords, especially when you’re setting up a new device or sharing your connection with friends and family. By using iCloud Keychain sync or a third-party app, you can view and copy your Wi-Fi passwords on your iPhone or iPad with ease. Remember to keep your passwords safe and secure on all devices by using strong, unique passwords and enabling Apple’s built-in security features like Face ID or Touch ID.