How to Use a Mac Magic Keyboard on a Windows PC
Apple is known for creating some of the best hardware in the market. If you are someone who loves Apple products but still prefers to work on a Windows PC, you might have wondered if it is possible to use the Mac Magic Keyboard on your Windows PC.
Indeed, it is possible, and here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
Step 1: Turn on your Mac Magic Keyboard
Before connecting your keyboard to your Windows PC, you need to switch it on. To turn on the keyboard, press the power button located on the back of the keyboard.
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth on your Windows PC
To connect the Mac Magic Keyboard to your Windows PC, you will need to enable Bluetooth on your Windows PC. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Start button on your Windows PC.
2. Click on the Settings icon.
3. Select the Devices option.
4. Select the Bluetooth & other devices tab.
5. Click on the toggle button to switch on Bluetooth.
6. Click on Add Bluetooth or other devices.
Step 3: Connect your Mac Magic Keyboard
After enabling Bluetooth on your Windows PC, it is time to connect your Mac Magic Keyboard. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Click on the Add Bluetooth or other devices button.
2. Select Bluetooth.
3. Wait for your Windows PC to search for available Bluetooth devices.
4. Once your Mac Magic Keyboard appears on the list of available devices, click on it.
5. After selecting your Mac Magic Keyboard, the device will request a PIN code.
6. To obtain the PIN code, turn your Mac Magic Keyboard over and view the code at the back of the keyboard. Enter the code into the Windows PC.
Step 4: Install the Keyboard Drivers
After connecting your Mac Magic Keyboard to your Windows PC, you may experience some issues with the keyboard buttons not working correctly. This issue occurs because Windows OS does not have drivers installed to fully recognize the Mac Magic Keyboard.
To solve this problem, you will need to download and install the Apple Boot Camp Support Software. To do this, follow these easy steps:
1. Open your web browser and visit the Apple Support website.
2. Select your Mac version, and click on the Download button for the Boot Camp Support Software.
3. After downloading the software, extract the files into a folder on your Windows PC.
4. Search for the Boot Camp folder and run the file “AppleKeyboardInstaller64.exe.”
5. Follow the installation instructions, and then restart your Windows PC.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you should now be able to use your Mac Magic Keyboard on your Windows PC. While it might take a few extra steps to get the keyboard working, it will prove to be worth it in the long run, especially if you prefer the Mac keyboard over other keyboards.