How to Remove Your PIN From Windows 10
When Windows 10 was introduced, it came with a new feature, the PIN. This feature is used to provide a secure way to access your user account. It is a short code that is entered in place of your password when you want to log in to your account. The main advantage of a PIN over a password is that it is quicker and easier to enter. It also has an added layer of security since it acts as a two-factor authentication system.
That being said, there may be times when you want to remove your PIN. For instance, if you are having trouble remembering the code, or if you simply prefer to use a password instead. Whatever the reason may be, you can remove your PIN by following the steps below.
- Open the Windows 10 settings menu. You can do this by click on the ‘Start Menu’ button or by pressing the ‘Windows’ key on your keyboard.
- Click on the ‘Accounts’ option, which is located near the bottom of the settings menu.
- Select the ‘Sign-in options’ tab from the sidebar.
- Scroll down until you see the section that says ‘PIN.’ Click on the ‘Remove’ button next to it.
- Windows will now prompt you to enter your current PIN to confirm the removal request. Enter the PIN and click on the ‘Remove’ button again.
- If you do not remember your current PIN, you can click on the ‘I forgot my PIN’ option and follow the instructions that Windows provides. You may need to provide additional confirmation, such as an email address or phone number associated with your Microsoft account.
- Once you have successfully removed the PIN, Windows will no longer require you to enter it when signing in to your user account.
It is worth noting that removing your PIN does not affect the security of your account. You will still need to enter your password in order to access your user account. If you wish to add a new PIN in the future, you can do so by following the same steps outlined above.
In conclusion, removing your PIN from Windows 10 is a straightforward process that can be done in just a few clicks. If you prefer to use a password or are having trouble remembering your PIN, then removing it is a good option. Just remember that you will still need to enter your password to access your account after the PIN is removed.