How to Recover Deleted Messages on Facebook Messenger
Social media has become an important part of our daily life, with Facebook Messenger being one of the most popular communication platforms. Messenger has become the go-to messaging app for most people as it provides a seamless communication experience.
However, have you ever accidentally deleted an important chat or message from Facebook Messenger and wondered how to recover it? It can be disheartening to lose conversations containing important information, emotional messages, or memories. But don’t fret; in this guide, we will show you how to recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger.
Method 1: Check Archived Messages
The first thing to check is if the deleted messages have been archived. Archiving is a feature on Facebook Messenger that allows you to hide previous chats without deleting them entirely. Follow these steps to check your archived messages:
1. Open the Messenger app and go to your list of conversations.
2. Scroll down to find the “Archived Messages” option.
3. If any of the deleted messages appear there, tap on them to restore them to your conversation list.
Method 2: Use Facebook’s Data Download Tool
If you are unable to find your deleted messages in the archived folder, the next step is to use the Data Download tool on Facebook’s website. This method works only if you have downloaded your Facebook data before.
1. Go to Facebook’s website and log in to your account.
2. Click on the down arrow in the upper-right corner of the page and select “Settings.”
3. Click on “Your Facebook Information” and select “Download Your Information.”
4. Select the data range you want to download, the file type, and the quality, and then click “Create File.” Wait for the file to be created and downloaded to your device.
5. Open the downloaded file, and you’ll see a folder named “messages.” Click on it to reveal all your Facebook messages, including Messenger chats.
6. Open the deleted message chat and copy the text or screenshot it for future reference.
Method 3: Use Third-Party Recovery Software
If the above-mentioned methods fail, then your last resort is using third-party recovery software. There are various software and applications available that can help you recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger. You can search online for the best options and download and install the software of your choice.
1. Follow the instructions to set up the recovery software on your device.
2. Connect your device to the computer and select the Messenger app as the source for recovery.
3. Allow the recovery software to scan your device and search for the deleted messages.
4. Once the software has found the deleted messages, select and restore them back to your Messenger app.
It’s always possible to recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger using the above methods. If you have lost an important message or chat, don’t get disheartened as there’s still hope. Additionally, it’s always good to back up your vital conversations to avoid severe losses in the future. Remember, prevention is better than cure.