How to Make Marshmallow Fluff: 15 Steps
Marshmallow fluff is a delicious, versatile, and fluffy confection that can be used in various desserts. Follow these 15 simple steps to make your own homemade marshmallow fluff.
1. Gather ingredients: To make marshmallow fluff, you will need 3 large egg whites, 2 cups of light corn syrup, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract.
2. Prepare equipment: You will need a mixer with a whisk attachment, a double boiler or heat-proof bowl that fits over a saucepan, and a candy thermometer.
3. Separate egg whites: Crack the eggs and carefully separate the whites from the yolks. Place the egg whites in a clean mixing bowl.
4. Combine ingredients: In the top part of a double boiler or the heat-proof bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, and salt.
5. Set up double boiler: Fill the bottom part of the double boiler with about an inch of water. Bring it to a simmer over medium-low heat.
6. Place ingredients over heat: Put the top part containing the corn syrup mixture on top of the simmering water. Ensure that it does not touch the water.
7. Stir ingredients: Stir constantly as the mixture heats up to dissolve the sugar and melt everything together.
8. Track temperature: Clip your candy thermometer to the side of the double boiler or bowl to track the temperature of your mixture.
9. Heat mixture: Continue heating until it reaches 240°F (about softball stage) on your candy thermometer. This may take around 8-12 minutes.
10. Prep mixer: While waiting for your mixture to reach its desired temperature, attach your whisk attachment to your mixer and have it ready to use.
11. Beat egg whites: Once your corn syrup mixture reaches 240°F, begin beating your egg whites in the mixer on high speed until you achieve soft peaks.
12. Add syrup: Carefully pour the hot corn syrup mixture in a slow and steady stream into the egg whites, while continuing to beat the mixture on high speed.
13. Beat until stiff: Continue beating this mixture until it thickens and reaches stiff peak consistency. This may take approximately 10-15 minutes.
14. Add vanilla extract: Towards the end of the beating process, add in the vanilla extract and continue mixing until it’s fully incorporated.
15. Store or use immediately: You now have delicious homemade marshmallow fluff! Serve it immediately or store it in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Enjoy your homemade marshmallow fluff as an ingredient in other delectable desserts or simply spread on toast for a fluffy, scrumptious treat. Making your own marshmallow fluff has never been simpler with these 15 steps!