How to Make Lavender Vodka: 12 Steps
Lavender vodka is a delicious, fragrant, and unique spirit worth trying. Infusing vodka with the soothing aroma of lavender imparts a delightful twist to the traditional drink. In this article, we will outline 12 simple steps for making your very own lavender vodka at home.
1. Gather your ingredients: To make lavender vodka, you will need a bottle of good-quality vodka, fresh or dried lavender flowers, and a glass jar or bottle with an airtight seal.
2. Choose your lavender: If possible, use organic lavender that hasn’t been treated with any chemicals. This will ensure that your infused vodka has the best flavor and aroma possible.
3. Prepare the lavender: If you are using fresh flowers, make sure to wash them thoroughly under cool running water to remove any dirt or debris. If you are using dried flowers, simply measure out the needed amount.
4. Sterilize your jar or bottle: To prevent any bacteria growth in the infusion process, ensure that the jar or bottle you use is properly sanitized by boiling it for a few minutes in water.
5. Add lavender to the jar: Place the prepared lavender flowers into your sterilized jar or bottle. You can use around two tablespoons of dried flowers (or three tablespoons of fresh flowers) per 750 milliliters of vodka.
6. Pour in the vodka: Slowly pour the vodka over the lavender in your jar or bottle, filling it up to just below its rim.
7. Seal tightly: Close the lid firmly on your jar or bottle, ensuring an airtight seal to keep out air and contaminants during the infusion process.
8. Store and infuse: Place your sealed container in a cool, dark place (such as a pantry) for at least two weeks. The longer you let the mixture sit together, the more intense and flavorful your infusion will be.
9. Shake occasionally: Every few days, give your jar or bottle a gentle shake to help mix the ingredients and infuse the lavender’s essential oils into the vodka.
10. Strain the mixture: After two weeks or longer, you will need to strain the infused vodka to remove the lavender flowers. Place a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth over a bowl and pour your mixture through it, catching any flowers or debris.
11. Bottle your lavender vodka: Pour your strained lavender vodka into a fresh, sterilized bottle or jar with an airtight seal and close it tightly.
12. Enjoy responsibly: You can now serve and enjoy your homemade lavender-infused vodka! Create refreshing mixed drinks, sophisticated martinis, or savor it on its own – just remember to always drink in moderation.
And that’s it! By following these 12 simple steps, you’ve created a unique and delightful spirit that can be enjoyed with friends and family – or kept as a special treat for yourself.