How to get rid of love handles
Love handles, also known as side fat, can be a hard thing to get rid of. This part of the body is one of the most stubborn areas when it comes to burning fat. Although many see it as a downfall, it’s not necessarily indicative of poor health. However, if you wish to achieve a different physical appeal or improve your overall health, here’s a guide on how to get rid of love handles.
1. Mind your Diet: What you eat and drink has a massive impact on your body shape and weight. Opting for food loaded with protein, fiber, fruits, veggies and whole grains can contribute to weight loss and reduce fat storage. Cut down on sugar and refined carbs. That white bread sandwich might look harmless, but it could be contributing significantly to your love handles.
2. Hydrate often: Drinking enough water every day aids digestion and helps flush toxins out of the body.
3. Exercise Regularly: There is no such thing as spot reduction – reducing fat in one targeted area of your body – it’s about working towards an overall healthier body image. An effective workout regime should include cardiovascular exercises like running or bicycling, strength training such as lifting weights or performing squats and deadlifts, and core strengthening exercises for improving abdominal muscles.
4. Sleep well and Stress less: Lack of sleep and high levels of stress could stimulate cortisol – a hormone that instructs the body to store fat. Attempting to improve both sleep quality and stress levels can prove beneficial in getting rid of love handles.
5. Pay attention to your Posture: Believe it or not, simply standing tall bridges your abs, which in turn helps you get rid of love handles over time.
Remember, the progress will be gradual but consistent efforts will help you achieve your goal. Our bodies are different; what works for one might not work for others but trying various combinations can help establish what works best for you in getting rid of love handles among other fitness goals!