How to Forward & Take Off Forward for the Cox Phone Service
If you’re a Cox Phone Service subscriber, you have the capability of forwarding your calls to another phone number, as well as taking a call while Forwarded. This can be incredibly useful if you have multiple phone lines or if you need to step out of the office but still want to be accessible. Here’s how you can forward and take calls with the Cox Phone Service:
1. Pick up your Cox Phone handset and/or press the “Talk” button.
2. Dial *72 on your keypad.
3. Wait for the confirmation that the forwarding feature has been activated.
4. Enter the number you want your calls forwarded to. Make sure to add a 1 before the area code.
5. Wait for the confirmation that the forwarding number has been accepted.
6. Hang up your phone.
Take Calls While Forwarded:
1. If someone calls your Cox Phone number, the call will be automatically forwarded to the phone number you entered in Step 4 above.
2a. To answer the call on that number, simply pick up the phone and begin speaking.
2b. If you want to take the call on your Cox handset, simply pick up the phone and return to Step 1 in Forward Calls above. After dialing *72, wait for the confirmation that the call is being forwarded and hang up. The call will then ring on your Cox handset as usual.
To disable call forwarding on your Cox Phone Service, simply dial *73 instead of *72.
By making use of these features, you can stay connected to your work and life no matter where you are. And with the Cox Phone Service, it’s easy to manage your calls whether you’re in the office or on the go.