How to Fix the “Operation Failed 0x0000011B” Error on Windows 10 & 11
Are you experiencing the “Operation Failed 0x0000011B” error on your Windows 10 or 11 PC? This error can be frustrating as it prevents you from performing certain tasks such as copying and moving files, installing programs, and accessing certain folders. Fortunately, there are a few solutions that you can try to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Restart your PC
The first solution to try is to restart your PC. Sometimes, the error can occur because of a temporary glitch in the system. Restarting your PC can help to clear any issues and allow you to perform the task you were trying to do.
Solution 2: Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan
The SFC scan is a built-in tool in Windows 10 and 11 that helps to detect and fix any corrupt or damaged system files. To run an SFC scan, follow these steps:
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator (right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)).
- Type “sfc /scannow” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- The scan may take some time to complete. Once it’s finished, restart your PC and check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 3: Run a Disk Cleanup
Another solution to try is to run a Disk Cleanup. This tool helps to clear up any unnecessary files and free up space on your PC. To run a Disk Cleanup, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer and right-click on the drive you want to clean up.
- Select Properties, and then click on the Disk Cleanup button.
- Select the files you want to delete and click on OK.
- Once the Disk Cleanup is finished, restart your PC and check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 4: Check for Windows updates
Microsoft regularly releases updates for Windows 10 and 11 that contain bug fixes and improvements. It’s possible that the “Operation Failed 0x0000011B” error is related to a known issue that has already been fixed by an update. To check for updates, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and click on Update & Security.
- Click on Check for updates.
- If there are any updates available, click on Download and install.
- Once the updates are installed, restart your PC and check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 5: Disable antivirus software temporarily
Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with certain processes and cause the “Operation Failed 0x0000011B” error. To see if this is the case, try disabling your antivirus software temporarily and then attempting to perform the task again. If the error doesn’t occur, you may need to configure your antivirus software to allow the process to run.